About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The subject matter reflects the full range and interdisciplinary nature of research in engineering and physics for agriculture. Manuscripts describing engineering innovations for field crops, horticulture, livestock and fisheries and those reporting research seeking to understand and model the physical processes underlying agricultural systems are welcome.
The major fields of Agricultural Engineering are:
- Farm Power and Machinery.
- Soil and water Conservation and Management Engineering (including watershed management, command area development, conservation, irrigation and field drainage).
- Irrigation (including surface and ground water development).
- Agricultural Process Engineering.
- Farm Storage Engineering.
- Farm Buildings and Structures.
- Farm use of Electricity.
- Rural water supply, rural roads, rural housing, rural sewerage and other aspects of rural engineering.
Peer Review Process
The Journal of Agricultural Engineering is published quarterly i.e. in March, June, September and December.
Sources of Support
The Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers was established in 1960.